Update log 21/03/2020 - Treasure Trails, Skotizo, Impling hunting, Agility pyramid & bugfixes Mar. 21, 2020 by KrisREAD ON FORUMS
Treasure Trails is an activity which involves solving clue scrolls, rarely dropped items dropped by the majority of monsters in Zenyte.
Clue scrolls contain clues and riddles for the player to solve to eventually find a reward casket, which could contain unique rewards.
Different levels of clue scrolls
Zenyte will offer six different levels of clues scrolls (beginner/easy/medium/hard/elite/master). The higher level ones being more difficult to complete. Players will be able to stack different difficulty clue scrolls boxes. Clues will be obtained by randomly killing monsters, implings or skilling (fishing/woodcutting/mining). Also voting will reward you with a random clue scroll box (3 votes = 1 random clue scroll box).
Obtaining clue scrolls
There are multiple ways of obtaining clue scrolls on Zenyte.
Clue scroll drops:
- ~375 monsters currently drop various clue scrolls.
- Chambers of Xeric have a 1/12 chance of dropping an elite clue scroll.
- Barrows has a 1/200 chance of dropping the elite clue scroll per barrows brother slain.
- The stone chest in the lizardman temple has a 1/100 chance of dropping the medium clue scroll.
- The rogue chest has a 1/99 chance of dropping the hard clue scroll.
- The H.A.M members have a 1/50 chance of giving easy clue scrolls when pickpocketed.
- Clue bottles, geodes and nests can be obtained with OSRS rates and opened to receive the clue box.
Clue scroll steps
Each difficulty clue scroll will have certain step amount:
- Beginner clues - 1 to 3 steps
- Easy clues - 2 to 4 steps
- Medium clues - 3 to 5 steps
- Hard clues - 4 to 6 steps
- Elite clues - 5 to 7 steps
- Master clues - 6 to 8 steps
Zenyte has most of the clue steps implemented, which includes:
- Some anagrams come with an additional challenge, such as answering a question, completing a puzzle or completing a light box.
- Cipher clues all require you to either answer a question, or complete a puzzle.
- The elite coordinate clues will require the player to kill either a Bandosian or and Armadylean guardian before progressing.
- The master coordinate clues will require the player to kill three Ancient wizards if they're in multi, or a Brassican mage.
- Cryptic clues will require the player to search an object, to talk to a specific NPC, to kill a monster, complete some sort of a challenge a NPC asks them or to find a key and open the object locked behind the key.
- Emote clues have various requirements regarding worn items; the player may be asked to wear specific items, sets, or wear nothing at all. The emote(s) must be done in the specified area, often a house or other structure.
- Medium emote clues will require the player to perform two emotes.
- Hard and master emote clues always require the player to defeat double agents before progressing further.
- Map clues never require the player to kill anything, only to dig at where the treasure is found.
- The master hot/cold clues always require the player to defeat three Ancient wizards, or a Brassican mage, depending on whether the player is inside a multi zone or not.
- Music clues require you to play a song in Falador park, on the bridge, to Cecilia. You need to have said music tracks unlocked beforehand.
Triple cryptic clues:
- All implemented and functional, triple cryptic clues only appear in master clue scrolls. All three steps must be completed in order to progress further with the clue scroll.
- Fully implemented and completely random patterns.
- Puzzle boxes can always be solved, the way they're randomized is by starting with a complete puzzle and running a random number of valid steps on it until it is scrambled, meaning it 100% is always doable.
All but three STASH units implemented(three unavailable due to inaccessible items or areas) until construction is released, STASH units will require respective crafting levels and give crafting experience. When construction releases, the skill will simply by swapped out to construction. Experience gained from STASH units before construction will remain in crafting and won't carry over to construction.
The Mimic is a boss who can be fought by presenting a mimic casket to the strange casket found upstairs in Watson's house. Mimics can be obtained from an elite or master reward casket. The elite reward casket has a 1/35 chance of being a mimic, while master reward caskets have a 1/15 chance.
The fight with the Mimic is instanced; if the player dies during the fight, lost items will be kept by the strange casket and can be reclaimed for 90,000 coins.
Players have six chances to kill The Mimic from a master clue, five from an elite clue, which corresponds to the item rolls from the obtained casket. Every time a player leaves or dies, the amount of rolls on the drop table is decreased by one. If a player fails every attempt, they will not receive any loot from the original clue scroll.
Clue scroll rewards
Clue rewards have been implemented in full:
- The reward caskets are stackable and can be opened in masses.
- All clue scroll rewards have been implemented from all tiers.
- The rewards obtained through treasure trails are tracked by the collection log.
- All items can be worn, have proper bonuses and requirements.
Clue scroll milestone rewards (Large spade, Clueless scroll, Uri transform, Heavy casket and Scroll sack) are implemented and are available after completing a clue scroll with the necessary milestone count.
Implings and Puro-Puro
From now on implings will spawn globally and players will be able to catch them around the map, all of their loot tables are 1:1 to OSRS.
- Global impling spawns implemented, which are randomly assigned traits (rare spawn, invisible spawn) at server startup so they change often. There are roughly half the implings ingame at all times based on the amount of possible spawn locations. Implings despawn after ~15 minutes after appearing.
- Bare-handed impling catching
Puro-Puro is an area that contains 11 types of implings that can be caught by players. Jar generator and Magic butterfly net were implemented with the addition of Puro-Puro.
A new agility area called Agility Pyramid will be accessible. On this course players start at the bottom of a pyramid with the goal of reaching the top, where they are able to collect the pyramid top. Before reaching the top, players will have to successfully traverse each of the five layers of the pyramid.
- Players with an agility level of 30 or higher can head over to the Agility Pyramid near Nardah to get started.
- Most obstacles of the course have a chance of failure so food is suggested for those with lower agility level (30s~60s).
- After reaching the top of the pyramid, players can retrieve a pyramid top which can be given to Simon Templeton for 25,000 coins each.
Skotizo is a demonic boss located beneath the Catacombs of Kourend. Accessing its lair requires the use of a dark totem on the altar found in the centre of the Catacombs, one dark totem permits only one attempt.
If the player dies in Skotizo's area, there is absolutely no way to retrieve items lost on death! Should the player need to leave, they can either teleport out or use one of the four portals in the corners of the boss chamber.
Skotizo can be substituted for both Black demon and Greater demon kills during Slayer tasks.
Chompy bird hunting
Chompy birds can now be killed for a chance of Chompy chick pet and Chompy bird hats.
Bloated toads must be used as bait to catch them. Bloated toads can be sucked up with Ogre bellows by the nearby swamp.
When a Chompy dies, it will give you a corpse, which you can pluck to gain feathers. Doing this will also place a Raw chompy and some bones on the ground. A Chompy bird will escape after one minute if you fail to kill it.
- Players can talk to Rantz to buy an ogre bow and receive a free ogre bellows to begin chompy hunting.
- Chompy chick has a 1/500 chance of dropping from chompy birds for those who have completed the elite Western Provinces diary.
- Chompy bird hats can be claimed from Rantz after bringing him an ogre bow and getting enough chompy bird kills.
- Players can now use kraken tentacles on Lieve McCracken which she will permanently hold onto.
- For every 10 kraken tentacles, a player can use an uncharged trident on Lieve, and receive an enhanced variant in replacement.
Pet mystery box
- This box includes these pets: Spirit kalphite, 4 versions of Baby dragons, Praying mantis, Wolpertinger, Granite crab, Cockroach, Evil turnip, Spirit mosquito, 4 versions of Geckos. 2 versions of Penguins, 3 versions of Bulldogs, 5 versions of Squirrels, 3 versions of Raccoons, 3 versions of Platypuses, 3 versions of Terriers, 3 versions of Greyhounds, 3 versions of Labradors, 2 versions of Dalmatians, 3 versions of Sheepdogs, 10 versions of Monkeys and 10 versions of Chameleons.
- Whenever a player opens a pet mystery box, they will receive a pet (from the list above) they do not currently own, assuming they're missing at least one pet from the selection. If the player possesses all the pets, they will be unable to open the box. The box contains a variety of pets, all of which have the same rarity except for the dragons. The pet dragons have a much lower chance of being received from the box, however if all other pets have been redeemed, the box has no choice but to give you the missing dragons.
- New Discord commands (::log, ::stats, ::poll)
- The graceful dyes can be bought from the vote shop for 5 vote points each. One dye can recolour one graceful piece. The default unlocked colour selection consists of all but white and dark blue. The white one can be unlocked by completing all achievement diaries. It will then be available through the dye's recolour menu. The dark blue will remain locked until a later update.
- Half fish pie now boosts fishing skill stat instead of farming.
- Added proper stats for hydra slayer helmet (i).
- Run energy is now calculated prior to movement preventing players from using an infinite run exploit.
- The herb patch at Weiss no longer diseases.
- Empty out option for burnt pie now functions replacing the burnt pie with a pie dish.
- Using cannonballs on dwarf multicannon now loads up the cannon.
- Players will no longer always receive a golden chinchompa pet. The pet received is now random with a small chance of getting a golden variant.
- The trident of seas (full) dropped by kraken now properly degrades.
- Unstrung emblems are now able to be strung by using ball of wool. Players can now also bless unholy symbols by talking to Spirit of Scorpius south-west of Ardougne, or bless with an unholy book or book of balance.
- Zahur no longer charges Onyx+ members for crushing secondaries.
- Explorer rings alchemy option now works. All Explorer rings have 30 charges of free low alchemy uses with Explorer ring 4 having the extra benefit of 30 free charges of high alchemy.
- Players can no longer trade custom pets or put them in the grand exchange.
- "Special" seeds are now protectable. These include Giant Seaweed, Teak tree, Mahogany tree, Cactus, Potato Cactus, and Calquat tree. For detailed information, see here.
- Both shortcuts for entering and leaving ogre island now work.
- Players can now use a knife to cut up chocolate bars.
- Max cape now has -4 reduction on weight.
- While having bank open, players are now able to use the fill option on runecrafting pouches to withdraw essence from bank and straight into pouch.
- A set of Zamorak robes are now required climb the ladder for the Asgarnia Chaos Temple (north of Falador). Also, physically picking up wine of zamorak now results in some damage.
- Rada's blessing 4 now needs to be equipped to receive fishing effect.
- Players can no longer steal from Ape Atoll stalls while disguised as a monkey.
- Players can now cook yak meat.
- Burying bones in Catacombs of Kourend now restores prayer.
- Pineapple rings can now be used to create pineapple pizza.
- Max cape mithril grapple and bronze crossbow limited to thrice a day.
- Players can now create turquoise slayer helmet.
- Vorkath head can now be used on max cape for same effect as using Vorkath head on Ranging cape.
- Sapphire bracelets are now able to be created.
- Fixed a typo in Shantay Pass dialogue.
- Wilderness canoe pond is no longer a option in the Zenyte teleportation portal.
- Wingman Skree now uses proper magic attack animation and graphics.
- Added weapon poisoning for all poisonable weapons
- Players can no longer teleport to the Magic mushtree they are using.
- Scorpia offsprings now count towards scorpion slayer task.
- Reanimated npcs now count towards their respective slayer task.
- Black Heather, Speedy Keith, and Donny the lad now count towards bandit slayer task.
- Ghostly robe top and bottom now have correct item bonuses.
- Mudskipper hat now displays properly on player.
- Max cape and farming cape now teleports player inside farming guild.
- Clearing raids herb patches no longer takes multiple dig animations and now works on first one.
- Adding pages to tome of fire no longer requires input and has been replaced with adding all in inventory.
- Corporeal beast wilderness exit now shows warning dialogue.
- Players can no longer get experience for hitting tentacle whirlpool (first hit)
- Slayer ring now gives enchanted gem on degradation instead of just disappearing.
- Gnome cocktail is now fixed.
- Players can now create botanical pie.
- Fixed inventory space check for cooking combinations that do not consume materials (e.g creating pastry dough).
- Jumpable rocks in Taverley dungeon now require level 70 agility to attempt.
- Dust devil spawn in wall has been fixed.
- Battle mages are now aggressive against players not wearing their god cape.
- Buying untrimmed cape from mac now gives hood.
- Increased radius of Crazy Archaeologist special attack to 3x3.
- Stony basalt now teleports under shortcuts or above depending on task completion.
- Added two missing bronze dragon spawns to Catacombs of Kourend.
- Added missing baby black dragon spawn.
- Bloodvelds are no longer aggressive.
- Wilderness swords now cut webs 100% of the time.
- Digsite pendant now works towards Varrock diary task.
- Western Provinces diary task to teleport to Gnome Stronghold via spirit tree is now fixed.
- Sherlock task of teleporting to planted spirit tree has been fixed.
- Dark totem pieces no longer need to be assembled in order to continue receiving them.
- Arceuus spellbook home teleport now takes you near dark altar.
- Stepping stones at Lumbridge Swamp Caves now work.
- Runite golem no longer breaks after respawning and Runite rock dropped from golem is now able to be mined.
- Players only need to show Rune defender once to access Warriors' Guild Basement.
- Proper degradation messages for Slaughter and Expeditious bracelets.
- Fever spider now inflict disease instead of poison if player isn't wearing Slayer gloves.
- Varrock armour 4 now counts as replacement for Prospector jacket.
- Proper experience for Golden gauntlets and Varrock armor 'combo' smelting effect.
- Wyvern shield can now be created at House on the Hill in Fossil Island.
- Item wield information, bonuses and requirements have been corrected for a wide variety of items, even those outside of Treasure Trails.
- Improved the code which handles synchronizing elements around you when you move, such as spawned/removed objects, ground items and whatnot. Prior to this, it was possible - assuming an item was perfectly positioned in a way that would permit it - for it to not be removed or not show up when the player gets close enough to it. This should no longer be the case.
- Dragon dagger's special attack accuracy boost has been reduced down to 15% from the previous 25% after Mod Ash released new information about it.
- Watson house teleport added to the portal at home.
- A large variety of new pets have been introduced, all obtainable through the pet mystery box.
- Fixed an error which caused the drop viewer to not display all the drops when searching for "ancient" of "shard".
- Stronghold of Security gates no longer ask you the questions once you've completed the maze and received all four rewards.
- Mystery box loot has been rewritten to an extent. All of the Treasure Trails items have been removed from the box, and a variety of new items have been introduced. In addition to this, the average loot value has been greatly improved from the boxes.
- The custom fur clothing shop has been implemented in Varrock.
- The access to the fossil island dungeons has been implemented, you can now properly climb through the cave entrances, staircases etc.
- The resizable world map can now be opened even if the player has a central interface(e.g. bank interface) open. The same does not apply for full screen world map(on mobile, only the full screen world map is accessible so this change does not affect mobile users).
- Digsite teleports now take the player to the correct location.
- Keldagrim stonemason shop now sells proper items. The stock was rather broken before.
- Added a variety of missing items to the "list of godwars protective items".
- The sextant, and its companion items can now be purchased from the skilling shop at home.
- The Patchy NPC on Mos Le'Harmless island now provides sewing and unsewing services for a variety of items, some of which are still inaccessible but nonetheless.
- Staves now possess a deterministic attack animation, depending on whether or not the off-hand slot is filled.
- The Uri transformation emote no longer allows the user to create a lock where they block all the incoming damage by playing the emote repeatedly over and over.
- Digging with a spade no longer locks the player.
A number of memory optimizations implemented. These will indirectly affect the stability of the server.
- A collection which held entity's received hits has been rewritten to a more memory-efficient solution.
- Until now, we have had very verbose logging server-side, for every player. Our player logs reach the 200gb mark in just a couple weeks. I have gone over all of the packets that exist and filtered out roughly 90% of those, more specifically the ones which have served no purpose to us in what is almost a year now.
- The give thanks emote now locks the player again. In addition to this, the emote can no longer be played back-to-back to block all incoming damage indefinitely.
- Added a movement lock to the Trick emote.
- All non-special animations can now be played back-to-back without having to wait for the emote to finish(e.g. jig to dance).
- Rewrote the way barrows doors were handled. This should hopefully fix the issue with them not reacting to users clicks after some time.
- Monsters larger than 1x1 can no longer spawn in the tunnels inside Barrows, when going through the doors.
- Rewrote the way prioritized targets work. you should no longer come across the issue of crypt monsters sniping your assigned barrows brother as you go through the doors. You can now also attack barrows bothers immediately even if you're being attacked by a crypt monster.
- Went through server logs and repaired some of the common errors that were being logged(they didn't cause any real harm but were spamming out logs for no reason).
- Rewrote the item sets interface, you can now examine the very last items on the interface and make item sets out of those.
- Mt. Karuulm elevator no longer has issues with indefinitely locking the player if the user tries to glitch it out.
- Players can no longer abuse the teleport interface at home by teleporting to locations they didn't have unlocked.
- Items kept on death which won't fit in your inventory will now be dropped on the ground beneath you a tick after you respawn, along with unfilterable red messages implying that.
- Upon the end of a duel, both players receive a few seconds of immunity from incoming damage. This prevents an issue with delayed attacks still dealing damage once the player has left a duel.
- Monkey greegrees rewritten to not permit the user to leave the Ape Atoll island as a monkey.
- Black dragons assignment will no longer be given to players in the Kourend catacombs if their slayer level is under 77.
- Fire max cape can now be used to gain passage to the Mor-Ul-Rek city.
- Fixed a bug where godwars killcount monsters would still increment killcount if killed outside of the godwars dungeon.
- The serpentine helmet and toxic staff of the dead now have had their maximum charges upscaled from 25000 to 90000. This means, both of the items, when fully charged will now last 3.6x longer. Any existing helmets and toxic staves of the dead on the live game will currently not be upscaled and people - even those who have 100% charged in them before the update - will end up with just a fraction of that after this update. It is too difficult to upscale it for existing users, far too prone to errors. You can just fill the items up again after the update and only then - will they be at full charges.
- Increased smoke devil's attack range and made them attack from afar, as opposed to previous melee distance.
- Ferocious gloves can now be reverted at the Lithkren machine.
- All "spawned" barrows creatures will now despawn if the player goes further than 15 tiles from them. This will help clean up the tunnels from excessive amount of creatures.
- The "Peek" option on godwars dungeon boss chamber doors has been implemented.
- The spammy fletching messages about not having the necessary items to do something have been resolved.
- Items that do not appear on the grand exchange can no longer be set up as offers(e.g. an item called "tile").
- Treasure trails related items have been removed from the vote shop.
- Vote shop now contains the graceful dyes, all essence pouches(you can only purchase them in order from lowest to highest, if you've obtained say a small one from the monsters, you'll be able to purchase the medium one from the shop).
- Wine fermenting process bugs fixed.
- Disabled some unnecessary RuneLite api calls.
- Reduced farming exp from sprouting roots at Wintertodt.
- Pyromancers no longer have 1hp. This was originally not the case when Wintertodt came out so it was somehow reverted.
- Wintertodt states are now properly reset; this fixes a fair few bugs regarding braziers getting attacked, staying lit, etc.
- Wintertodt random cold damage now always hits at least 1.
- Vote shop and loyalty shop now send message displaying amount of points player has.
- All crystal halberds now display proper attack styles.
- You can now left click Great Olm's firewall to instacast humidify to douse the fire.
- Runes can now be dragged between containers for rune pouch.
- Harmony island teleport in Arceuus spellbook now gives 74 exp instead of 174.
- Clicking on furnace with a steel bar and ammo mould in inventory will automatically display cannonball creation dialogue.
- Dark tunnel in the Motherlode Mine now uses correct animation.
- Blue dragon scales now spawn in Myths' Guild basement near dragons.
- All wyverns found in Fossil Island now have correct combat script and use icy breath, ranged, and melee attacks.
- Skilling calculator plugin now allows players to put their xp rate for more accurate calculations.
- Attempting to join the "help" clan chat now re-directs the user to the official clan channel.
- Vote and loyalty shops now display highlighted quantity of existing points when opening the shops.
- Lizardman shaman combat script has been rewritten to not freeze the monsters, spawn purple followers in walls and to not drop loot underneath the player.
- K'ril Tsutsaroth's combat script has been restored.
- Smoke devils no longer block each-other, and merge together without needing to force it.
- A placeholder dialogue has been introduced for pets which did not previously have a dialogue.
- Giant mole is now enabled as a potential boss task.
- The game no longer slowly goes out of synchronization over time. Previously, the game was put to sleep for 600ms every tick(minus the processing time), however with it being millisecond precision, on average, half a millisecond was added on top of that delay, causing each cycle - on average - to take 600.5ms. It now properly re-adjusts the cycle time to ensure that it's always a 600ms interval.
- Examining asleep version of Vorkath now shows proper drops on it.
- Lithkren dungeon now has a semi-dark overlay to it.
- The mind, elemental and ancient wyvern shields now all have an animation, graphics and a sound effect(no sound for aw shield) played when the player equips it.
- Every occurrence of "just now" replaced with "right now" for consistency.
- Fossil island wyverns can now be obtained as an assignment.
- Task-only wyvern cave area defined.
- "Stop the Wyvern" slayer unlock now functions.
- Pyrefiends now use magical melee attacks.
- Scarecrows can no longer be planted in non-flower patches.
- Mage arena II bosses now have an attack range of 10 tiles, as opposed to previous 8.
- 39 new achievement diary tasks have been implemented. Anyone who previously had the diaries completed, will now have to finish the remaining tasks to get the effects given by the diaries. Any items you acquired as a diary reward will still be available - and for the most part - should still function.
- Skull sceptre's max charges now depend on Varrock diary completion.
- Teacher wand equip animation updated.
- Vanguards no longer drop 3-dose potions.
- TzHaar task replacement dialogue fixed.
- Cannon now fully decays after 30 minutes, as opposed to the previous 25.
- Dragon hasta's attack speed patched.
- The white public chat effect fixed.
- Ammonite crabs on Fossil island now in a multi zone.
- Infernal axe now gives the player a bar instead of ores.
- Battle mages now have proper bonuses.
- Blast furnace now counts towards skilling dailies.
- Guard dog at Kourend now says woof, as opposed to previous.. humanoid chat.
- Making a single bird house no longer prompts the make-x dialogue.
- Burning amulet now gives a proper warning to the player when teleporting.
- Large compost bin now works in Farming Guild.
- Prayer altars now restore prayer again.
- The dark altar's animation is now reset after being used for teleporation.
Implings now reset retreating on death
- Impling retreating issue patched (being stuck in the corner)
- Two extra rare impling spawns have been added to Puro-Puro
- Black d'hide chaps no longer require defence
- Regular butterfly net now has working 'show totals' option (previously only worked on the magic butterfly net)
- Stash unit slot limitation issues fixed
- Barrows no longer caps out NPCs
- Ancient wizards no longer stop attacking the player after one enters combat
- Red topaz karamja step fixed
- Jiggig can now be entered
- Bloated toads can only be planted at Feldip Hills now
- Taskmaster dialogue fix
- Fixed skeleton clue drops
- Clue nests now give the player an empty nest when being looted
- "Give thanks" emote works again for those who unlocked it
- Godwars KC Npcs no longer force-aggro in Wilderness
- Mort Myre Swamp fairy ring "BKR" implemented
- Western diary requirements for chompy hunting lowered - elite now requires 300 (instead of 1000) with everything else scaling inbetween
- Dark totem pieces now come in order
- Lunar island bank booths can no longer be walked on
- Fenkenstrain castle doors now function properly
Volcanic ash can now only be added to a compost bin when it has finished rotting at it's full stage.
- Also added checks to ensure the player has the necessary 25/50 volcanic ash
- Bracelet of clay charges now per-player rather than per-item
- Map and cryptic clues which require the player to dig now work in a 3x3 range, instead of just one tile
- Upper level motherlode mine access fixed
- Stamina effect now displays on the run orb
Additional mediaAdditional media
- Clue scroll drops:
Update log 01/01/2020 - The Inferno Jan. 01, 2020 by KrisREAD ON FORUMS
The Inferno is the greatest solo PvM challenge ever to be introduced into Zenyte. Beyond sacrificing a Fire Cape, there are no requirements to attempt The Inferno. The entrance can be found in Mor UI Rek which is in the center of the TzHaar city.
Once inside, you'll be faced with wave after wave of powerful monsters. You'll encounter many new kinds of creatures, and you will truly be up against the odds. If you are able to endure the heat and take down TzKal-Zuk, you will earn yourself an Infernal Cape.
This update also comes with an event with prizes over $100 in store credit! You can read more about it here.
Monsters inside the Inferno
Several of these creatures spawn per wave and can cause damage to three pillars found within the arena. Once a pillar is damaged enough, it will fall.
Jal-MejRahs function similar to a Tz-Kih, except rather than draining prayer points with their attack, they drain their run energy instead. They drain 3 run energy per hit. They are also able to drain your combat stats and improving their own at the same time.
When a Jal-Ak dies, it splits into 3 smaller versions of itself, each using a different style of the combat triangle:
- Jal-AkRek-Xil (Ranged)
- Jal-AkRek-Mej (Magic)
- Jal-AkRek-Ket (Melee)
Jal-ImKots only use melee, but make up for it with extremely accurate and damaging attacks.
If a Jal-ImKot cannot reach the player, it will burrow into the ground and resurface next to the player.
Jal-Xil is very similar to the Tok-Xil from the Fight Caves, the only difference is that Jal-Xils boast higher combat stats.
Jal-Xil is very similar to the Ket-Zek from the Fight Caves. Jal-Zeks have a unique ability where they can revive a defeated monster in the same round they appear in. Each monster can only be revived once and with half health. Jal-Zek will only use its respawn mechanic while in combat. Nibblers and mini Jal-Ak's will not be revived.
Stronger version of TzTok-Jad, and similarly attacks in all three forms of combat where the player must use the appropriate protection prayers before the attack hits.
Final Boss: TzKal-Zuk
On the 69th and final wave, TzKal-Zuk will break free from the prison. Floating in the lava and moving back and forth between it and the player is a small piece of the wall, which must be utilized as a shield to protect from TzKal-Zuk's attacks. If it attacks the player, it cannot be protected against and it has an extremely high max hit of 251, which has a high chance of killing even a fully healed player. Throughout this fight, other monsters spawn periodically and on cues. Jal-Xil and Jal-Zek will regularly spawn behind the player, attacking the shield until they are attacked, whereupon they retaliate. When TzKal-Zuk is below 480 Hitpoints, a JalTok-Jad will spawn behind the player, similarly attacking the shield. When TzKal-Zuk is below 240 Hitpoints, four Jal-MejJaks are spawned, rapidly healing it. When they are attacked, they stop healing and attack the player with area-of-effect blasts.
After successfully beating the Inferno, you'll be awarded with the Infernal cape and a good stack of TokKul which is doubled if you have the elite Karamja diaries completed. There's also a 1/100 (1/75 if on TzKal-Zuk task) on getting the Jal-Nib-Rek pet. The first three successful completions for each game mode will also be explicitly broadcasted to show everyone that you beat all odds!
The Inferno minigame comes with a practice mode, which requires the player to have sacrificed a fire cape to gain access to the Inferno, along with a 1.5 million coins fee per practice round. The practice mode allows the player to start the Inferno from any wave they wish, ranging from 1 to 69. After having selected the wave, the player cannot jump to another wave. Inferno will continue from there on out and end with you dying, leaving or completing it. Completing the practice mode Inferno gives the player no rewards and does not progress towards the TzKal-Zuk slayer assignment. Your assignment will also not be reset when you die in the practice mode.
- Right-clicking a message of a friend now shows 'Message' instead of 'Add friend'.
- Fixed an issue with ignoring where the message wouldn't get filtered.
- K'ril Tsutsaroth now drops the normal Steam battlestaff.
- Some delay issues with the Fight Caves Jad have been resolved.
- Fixed Zahur services issues with Onyx+ members.
- Fixed typo's with chinchompa daily challenges.
- Bree now drops noted snape grass instead of unnoted.
- You can no longer keep on killing the Alchemical Hydra after you finish your task.
- Added proper dialogues when gambling a fire cape for the TzRek-Jad pet.
- Celastrus seeds are now obtainable from birds nests.
- Teleporting to Mount Karuulm with Rada's blessing 3 now shows how many teleports there's left.
- Fixed a type with the Ardougne cloak's farm teleport showing the incorrect maximum amount of teleports.
- The Morytania diary to complete a lap of the Canifis rooftop course now completes at the end of a lap.
- Monsters in the Chasm of Fire can only be killed on a slayer task now.
- You can now blow molten glass into empty light orbs instead of full ones.
- Strength/Attack boosting prayers now get disabled when used in combination with Augury or Rigour.
- You can now create Wrath tiaras.
- A fire cape can now be used on TzHaar-Ket to get permission to enter Mor Ul Rek.
- The prices of amethyst items(arrows, amethysts themselves, javelin heads etc) have all been reduced by 75%.
- Large monsters who occupy more than one game tile will now align differently in combat, using their south-western point as their physical location. Previously, the monsters would try to align themselves using the center of themselves(the center-most-south-western tile in even-size monsters). This change was necessary to introduce the proper Inferno safespots, and I felt like implementing an exception for Inferno alone wouldn't be ideal. This change affects all large monsters around the game. It may have "broken" some of the older safespots, but it also introduces the same safespots found on Oldschool RuneScape.
- Line of sight formula has been readjusted to account for the aforementioned alignment change. You'll find that the formula is now a fair bit more lenient when it comes to shooting behind corners.
- Melee combat checks now properly exclude the diagonal tiles.
- Autocasting spells will now drag the player out from behind the object they hug before beginning the attack. This change does not affect trident-type weapons. Manually casting a spell on an entity will still allow the attack to begin one tick before the player is moved out from behind an object.
- Manually casting spells on monsters who have just died the same game tick will now permit the spell to go through. This allows players to use blood- and other type spells to gain the effects of the spell, which is a widely used mechanic in the Inferno, to heal up your character quicker. This change does not affect autocasting, nor does it affect trident-type weapons. Strictly manual spell-casting only.
- Monsters will now walk out from underneath the player when trying to attack them regardless of whether or not the player is moving. Previously, if a player was moving whilst standing on-top of a monster, the monster would not try to walk out from underneath the player as it assumed the player was trying to accomplish the same thing and doing it double would just be excessive. Due to the recent changes in entity priority mechanics, where monsters are now processed before players are, this excess checking is no longer necessary and would actually interfere with, or even break certain mechanics.
- Monster health and other levels are now properly normalized every minute(the timer starts at different points for all monsters to avoid putting unnecessary pressure on the game tick at the minute mark). If a monster's health or combat levels are above its base levels, a value of one is deducted from it every minute until it is equal to the base levels. If the monster's health or levels are below the base, they will be increased by a value of one until they're normalized.
- Accounts registered in 2020 will now be able to see the game noticeboard in-game again.
Inferno Bugfixes as of 03/01/2020
- The monsters in Inferno will no longer lose their aggression towards the player if they get frozen.
- Purple sweets can no longer be eaten inside the Inferno.
- The TzTok-Jad at wave 67 now waits four game ticks before starting its first attack.
- TzKal-Zuk's pillars no longer re-appear in later waves if the player relogs.
- The triple TzTok-Jad's waves attack delays are now 4-8-12 ticks, as opposed to previous 0-4-8 ticks.
- Yt-HurKot can no longer heal or follow TzTok-Jad once the TzTok-Jad has reached zero health.
- Nest boxes can no longer be opened inside the Inferno.
- Line of sight algorithm no longer requires a -> b and b -> both to be free, but rather only a -> b. This creates the asymmetry that the Inferno and many other bosses require.
- The Jal-Ak's, Jal-AkRek-Mej's, Jal-AkRek-Xil's, Jal-Zek's and Jal-Xil's attack distance has been set to 14 tiles.
- The monsters that the Jal-Zek revives will now spawn at half their health.
- TzKal-Zuk's cutscene before it breaks free now begins at the correct starting position, instead of slowly panning into it over time.
- The Jal-Ak will now cancel its melee attack if the target has left the melee distance by the time the attack is meant to fire, and will now select another appropriate attack style.
- The Ancestral glyph will now wait 4 ticks at both corners, instead of the previous 5, before moving in the opposite direction.
- TzKal-Zuk now waits 15 game ticks before firing its first attack, instead of the previous 14.
- The dragging tiles for TzKal-Zuk now work, and only affect TzKal-Zuk - they will not drag any other monster.
- The TzKal-Zuk's attack and land sounds now scale with the distance from the target, so the further away you are, the quieter they get.
- The Jal-Nib no longer has fixed spawn locations, and will spawn across a 3x3 box in a random positioning.
- Up to two Jal-Nibs can spawn on a single tile.
- If the Jal-Nib spawns at the South-Easternmost tile and chooses to target the Northern pillar, it will now be forced to go north on the last step so it doesn't start attacking the pillar from the southern side.
- The four waves in Inferno which spawn excessive amounts of Jal-Nibs now spawn six Jal-Nibs instead of the previous five.
- Multi-target selection formula for magic and ranged has had some line of sight changes to it, so that if you attack a monster that has another monster next to it, but the other monster is not visible to you through line of sight, but is to the entity you attack, they will still get hit through multi-target selection. The line of sight formula previously compared against the player, as opposed to against the main target itself.
- Implemented a tracker to see how much coins leave the economy through the practice mode in Inferno.
- The JalTok-Jad and TzKal-Zuk are no longer affected by the flinch mechanic, meaning attacking them before they attack you no longer delays their first attack towards you.
- The JalIm-Kot can no longer attack on the same game tick as it burrows into the ground.
- The infernal cape is now tracked by the collection log.
- The monsters that the Jal-Zek revives will now wait four game ticks before doing their first attack.
- Inferno monsters will continue to face the player when they die, as opposed to randomly wandering off the second it happens.
- Re-adjusted the way the safespots behind the Ancestral glyph are calculated. Instead of having 1 tile trailing behind the shield as it moves, that 1 tile is now moved ahead of the shield. So staying 1 tile ahead of the shield is safe, much like in RuneScape. Falling behind is almost certain death.
- The Ancestral glyph's safespots now only go as far as three tiles south of the shield, going any further than that means you're free to get attacked by the TzKal-Zuk.
- The Inferno completion broadcasts now show the combat level at which it was completed.
- If you happened to leave the Inferno and you had a slayer assignment that wasn't to kill the TzKal-Zuk, it would previously be reset as the condition was inverted. This has now been fixed and your assignment is only reset if it was to kill the TzKal-Zuk.
Update log 24/12/2019 - Christmas Event, Store Bonus & Competitions Dec. 24, 2019 by KrisREAD ON FORUMS
This update log contains information regarding the Christmas event, new store items, and store bonuses going on until the end of the week, as well as some end of the year competitions with amazing rewards.
December 23th through December 30th we will have a massive store bonus when purchasing credits:
+25% Bonus credits for Paypal (even more than last time!)
+15% Bonus credits for OSGP
In addition to this bonus, we will be releasing exclusive holiday themed custom items that can be purchased with credits:
/monthly_2019_12/Snow_Imp.png.88dc09e05e8a488408cf03a956c02ade.png"> (STORE) Snow imp pet - A follower version of the Snow Imp that follows you around during A Christmas Warble. This Imp will be wearing a red scarf! The item will be discontinued when the event is removed from the game, on the 5th of January.. The item is not tradeable. The item costs 500 donation credits.
(STORE) Christmas scythe - A large scythe that's classified as a fun weapon. The scythe performs the graphics that occur when using a Scythe of Vitur against large targets, however the scythe will not hit three times. The item will be discontinued when the event is removed from the game, on the 5th of January. The item is tradeable. The item costs 1,000 donation credits.
(STORE) Santa outfit - An outfit once worn by Santa Claus. The item will be discontinued when the event is removed from the game, on the 5th of January. The outfit is tradeable. The item costs 2,500 donation credits.
(VOTE POINTS) Ice Amulet - A large spiky necklace, sold in the vote store for 20 vote points. The item will be discontinued when the event is removed from the game, on the 5th of January. The item is not tradeable.
Together with @Corey, we have whipped up a very nice, short and sweet Christmas event for you all to attend. Of course, this will also come with holiday exclusive event items such as a Christmas ghost outfit, Candy cane as well as three new emotes! You can start the event by going through the wardrobe located next to the Zenyte home portal. We suggest you turn music and sound effects on for the event for full experience!
Here are the rewards for the event:
(EVENT) Christmas ghost costume
(EVENT) Candy cane - comes with a spin emote
Custom Emotes: Snowman Dance, Freeze, Dramatic Point.
Edgeville (Winter Edition)
To really get into the spirit of the holidays, home has been re-themed to a winter wonderland.
During the Holidays we are also hosting a various amount of competitions with prizes to be won. You can read more up about it here.
It is the holidays, So if you're traveling, be safe! It gets crazy around this time of year and we want to see you all Next year!
You will not want to miss what 2020 has in store!
- Zenyte Staff Team
Update log 02/12/2019 - Noticeboard changes, Thievable chests & bugfixes Dec. 02, 2019 by KrisREAD ON FORUMS
This update log contains the updates that were done since the Konar update, but were never officially mentioned anywhere as the updates usually came with a couple changes, none worthy of a new update log on their own.
Noticeboard has had a few changes to it
- If you move your mouse over the "Players online: " line in the noticeboard, you will see that it now shows how many players are on desktop, and on mobile respectively. This feature is only available on desktop clients at the time.
- Noticeboard now shows when boosts such as bonus xp and raids points boosts are going to end; The server re-synchronizes the timers every minute to make sure any client lag you may occur won't offset the timers too much.
- Added a "Players in Wilderness" counter to the noticeboard - this shows a number of all the players within the attackable parts of Wilderness, including dungeons such as the Edgeville dungeon(wilderness part, at the black demons)
Xeric's Wisdom scroll.
- Available through donating for 100 credits, and voting for 50 vote points.
- One scroll will boosts ones' points obtained through Chambers of Xeric by 25% for 5 hours.
- The timer will only tick down when the player is in a raid that has been started, but hasn't killed Olm yet. It stops ticking if a player leaves the raid, or they kill the Olm.
- The timer will stack - if you redeem two scrolls, you will have 10 hours of boost applied.
- The points boost only applies for the player who uses the scroll. If you're for example in a duo raid, and you use the scroll but your partner doesn't; any points you receive through raid(for dealing damage, solving puzzles etc) will be multiplied by 1.25. The points your partner acquired will remain with the default modifier of 1.0. The total points that you receive are also multiplied, so it is not just personal points. If both of you use the scroll, both will have the points multiplied by 1.25x.
- The scroll is available to ironmen, but is not tradeable.
Thievable chests have been implemented
- All but the Dorgesh-Kaan chests were implemented.
- A new setting is now available in the game settings tab which allows examining NPCs to open up their drop table. This only works if you're not being attacked by anyone at the time.
- Updated NPC and Object examines - this time around we took the examines from Runelite, however some of them may be incorrect as some npc and object ids have changed in RuneScape between our version of the game, and theirs. It's still better than missing a lot of the examines regardless. When we upgrade the revision in the future, I will make sure to obtain the perfect examines from RS.
- Grim Reaper has officially been removed from home as the Halloween "event" is now finished. Players will no longer be able to acquire the Halloween specials on the donation store, nor will they be able to claim the skeleton set or the Trick emote in-game. The hunting knife, Jack O lantern mask and the grim reaper hood are now officially discontinued items!
- The 'Give Thanks' emote is automatically unlocked for anyone who logs in until the 8th December - After that date, the emote will be unavailable to everyone who hasn't claimed it for an entire year!
- Automated the bonus xp system. Since you can now precisely see when the bonus xp ends in the noticeboard, I had to implement an automated system that turns the bonus xp off when the timer runs out. As such, I have implemented an automated system behind it that does just that.
- Imbuing your skull sceptre through Solztun no longer graphically glitches the sceptre to a point where you cannot interact with it without relogging.
- Evil Chicken Lair is now available through the Zenyte Portal.
- Drake's volcanic fire attack can now be properly negated by dragonfire protection, as mentioned on the Wikia.
- Ogress shamans and warriors drop rate for the shaman mask has been reduced to 1/900.
- Enchanted dragon bolts can no longer be used with any crossbow aside dragon, armadyl and dragon hunter.
- Fixed some salmon fishing spots across Kourend region.
- Removed Kalphite queen lair from the possible areas as an assignment from Konar. Any previous kalphite-lair-assignments will be redirected to the regular Kalphite lair(including the area above the boss chamber)
- Heavy ballista now has a 33 defence requirement to wield.
- Ava's assembler now has a 40 defence requirement to wield.
- Lizardman spawns now damage with 1 tile radius in the Lizardman temple, and 2 tile radius elsewhere.
- Acid splats now vanish quicker in Chambers of Xeric; In addition to this, I've fixed the annoying issue that came with this bugfix that kept applying repeated damage when getting hit by the acid splat even though you weren't standing still on the acid.
- Some drop broadcast messages have been changed, as a lot of them, such as the Kraken ones were rather spammy. A few new ones have been introduced.
- Mac will now sell the hoods with his skillcapes.
A friendly reminder
The Black Friday sale is going to end in roughly 11 hours, on midnight tonight server time! All purchases done through Paypal will reward you with 20% extra credits on top of the usual extras. All purchases done using OSGP will reward you with 15% extra credits!
- Noticeboard has had a few changes to it
Update log 20/11/19 -Kebos Lowlands: Alchemical Hydra, Konar Slayer, Kebos Diary and more! Nov. 20, 2019 by TommehREAD ON FORUMS
The Kebos Lowlands are a region located on the continent of Zeah, just west of Great Kourend. This update features numerous things that you can do in the region.
To access this region, you can simply talk to Veos in Port Sarim and he will take you to the Kingdom of Kourend. You can also use fairy rings to get teleported near Mount Karuulm, near the Arceuus Library in Arceuus or near the entrance of the Chasm of Fire.
- Konar Quo Maten
Konar quo Maten is the new slayer master, located on top of Mount Karuulm. The tasks that she assigns are bit a different than the ordinary slayer master. You will be assigned to kill a certain monster at a specific place only. Meaning that you can't finish your assignment elsewhere.
- Brimstone Chest
There is a chance that monsters that you kill during an assignment by Konar quo Maten can drop Brimstone keys. These keys can be used to unlock the Brimstone chest next to Konar quo Maten for special rewards.
- Karuulm Slayer Dungeon
The Karuulm Slayer Dungeon has been added with all its monsters. This dungeon can be found on the top of Mount Karuulm. In there you find a bunch of new monsters such as Sulphur Lizards, Wyrms, Drakes and Hydras. The task-only areas have also been added to prevent people from fighting over monster spawns. You must wear protective boots inside the dungeon to prevent damage from the volcano heat unless you have the elite Kourend & Kebos diary completed.
- Alchemical Hydra
The Alchemical Hydra is a boss found in the lower level of the Karuulm Slayer Dungeon in Mount Karuulm, requiring level 95 Slayer to kill. The boss comes with 4 different phase with each its unique special attack. You will only be able to kill it if you're assigned to kill Hydras by Konar quo Maten.
- Lizardman Temple
The Lizardman Temple in Molch has been added. You can get there the quickest by using the fairy ring code CIR which teleports you south of Mount Karuulm or you can use the boats around Lake Molch to get there. In the temple, you'll find a bunch of Lizardman shamans.
- Kourend & Kebos Diary
As requested, the Kourend & Kebos diary has also been added with 27 completable tasks. The reward from this diary is the Rada's blessing which offers some useful teleports to the Kourend Woodland and Mount Karuulm. Completing the elite diary will also give you permanent heat protection in the Karuulm Slayer Dungeon.
With all diaries implemented, we can finally introduce the Achievement diary cape which can be purchased from Mac for 99,000 coins.
As most of you have seen and realized by now, we ended up skipping our Halloween event. The reason for this is simple - even though we started the work on it 5 weeks before the actual event, with Chambers of Xeric being in the middle of it, I just ran out of time to pull the update through. A week after the actual Halloween, I decided it would be better to just skip the event itself, as the holiday feel is long gone.
So, as a compensation, I have decided to add the Grim Reaper at home whom you can talk to, to redeem the rewards that were meant to come with the event. I feel it is better we still reward the players with some fashionscape, than to leave everyone completely empty-handed. You will be able to claim the rewards until the end of this month.
In addition to the rewards you may claim from the Grim Reaper, I have also decided to introduce a few limited-edition items on our store. Until the end of this month, players will be able to purchase the Jack o' lantern mask, the Grim reaper hood and the Hunting knife. These items are tradeable and will be discontinued after the end of the month!
- Zulrah no longer attacks the player after they die, often causing the victim to get venomed after arriving at respawn location.
- Grand Exchange Offer Viewer interface offer highlighting now spans across the entire interface.
- Grand Exchange offers now have a time limitation on them - As of this update, any offer that hasn't been updated within seven days will be removed off of the Grand Exchange and will no longer be found through the offer viewer. Players can re-set the offer to start the timer back at seven days. The timer also resets whenever the offer progresses, partial or full. The timer can be found within the examine box on the offers themselves. The reason for the timer is the offers on the Grand Exchange which have been there since the summer, which no one would be willing to accept unless they made a mistake. The Grand Exchange is currently filled with offers for 1gp, hopefully this will resolve the issues with that.
- When clicking a purchase offer on the offer viewer, if the player has less of the item required by the offer with them, an offer with the quantity set to whatever the player holds will be set up. Previously, game would notify that you do not have enough of the item to complete the offer.
- Offers in the offer viewer can now easily be searched simply by clicking on the item in your inventory, so if you're looking to sell an inventory full of items, you can simply click the item in inventory and it displays all the offers of your current selected transaction type. Removes the need for searching-for-offers entirely in such scenarios, which was often rather tedious.
- Skin recolouring has been fixed. It will no longer change your gender or hairstyles.
Updated every 15 seconds