Update log 11/09/19 - Bugs and QOL Sep. 11, 2019 by CoreyREAD ON FORUMS
Variety of bug fixes this week, includes thrown weapons, Wintertodt fixes, and a fix for the lost donator ranks/bonds.
- Thrown weapons have been fixed, including darts, knives, axes, and Chinchompas.
- Braziers should no longer be lit in Wintertodt before the round begins.
- Wintertodt cold damage immunity has been increased by a tick.
- Wintertodt timer desync should be fixed.
- Fixed an issue with Smithing items higher than your level.
- The "Last Teleport" option on the Fairy Rings will now save throughout login.
- Game filter now saves throughout logins, and will not reset through random button clicks.
- Increased API connection timers, which should decrease the amount of issues with donations/bonds not going through.
- Adamant and Runite Dragons drop table was reworked to be matched with OSRS.
- Crystal shield will no longer lose charges when a player gets hit a 0.
- KBD's ice attack has a max damage of 10 now.
- KBD's attack frequencies match OSRS now.
- Fixed the issue of losing Imbued items on death.
- Bottomless compost bucket now preserves it's charges when depositing/withdrawing from storage.
- Magic accuracy for the Toxic staff of the dead has been fixed.
- Lunar spell "Bake pie" has been fixed for diaries, and skilling challenges.
- Superior NPC's give 10x NPC's HP, worth of Slayer experience.
- Mutated bloodvelds max hit has been increased to 12.
- The fire imp spawns has been re-positioned in the Chasm of fire.
- Twisted banshees will now walk towards you, before attacking.
- Ranging cape now has Ava's Assembler effects.
- Infernal axes, and pickaxes are now dragon variations, when uncharged.
- Fixed an issue with K'ril dropping the wrong item ID for Steam battlestaff.
- Fixed an issue with Archaeologist and a few other wilderness bosses for the diary.
- Redemption and Protect from Magic are no longer able to be activated together.
- Creating teleport tablets now gives Magic experience.
- Casting Vengeance no longer cancels out combat.
A few Quality of life changes the community suggested, such as Ironman Accept Aid, announcements, and in-game commands.
- Wintertodt teleport has been added to the Zenyte portal, under "Bosses".
- Discord will now broadcast all drops/achievements from in game.
- Ironmen are now able to give/accept specific items; this is currently limited to only donator teleport scrolls.
- Added ::Support, ::Guides, and ::report commands in game. Redirecting you to their respective categories on the forums.
- Added ::Market command in game, redirecting you to the Public Market on the website.
- Added ::Events command in game, redirecting you to the upcoming/present event.
- Added ::Youtube command in game, redirecting you to the Official Zenyte YouTube channel.
- Increased Olivias seed stock, in Draynor.
- Added Amelia's seed shop, in the Farming Guild.
- Bearhead has been added to the Melee armour shop.
- Scrolls of redirection have been added in Frank's shop.
- Imbued heart and Dragon limbs are now announced when obtained as a drop.
- Corporeal beast now has a Kill tracker.
- You can now view the Wilderness board.
- You can now cure Yak hides, by speaking to Thakkrad Sigmundson
Thanks to @Lifefor writing today's update post
Miscellaneous media that has been gathered over the course of a few days,Spoiler
Update log 07/09/19 - Wintertodt! Sep. 07, 2019 by CoreyREAD ON FORUMS
The Wintertodt is a minigame-style boss that is fought using skills rather than combat. It is located in the Northern Tundras in Great Kourend, bringing a storm of perpetual winter and unfathomable cold. According to the look-out, it is unclear what the Wintertodt actually is, but its ability to alter the weather to extremely low temperatures has earned it notoriety among the people of Great Kourend.
Players must assist pyromancers, a special group of Arceuus mages, to keep the Wintertodt at bay. As servants of the sacred flame, only they know the spells required to subdue the Wintertodt, so they are heavily relied upon in the defence of Great Kourend. While their magical abilities are extraordinary, their skills in other areas are limited, and thus require assistance from skilled adventurers.
In order to help subdue the Wintertodt, players are required to have at least level 50 in Firemaking. Skill levels in Herblore, Fletching, Woodcutting and Construction do not affect the speed of their related activities at all, however having higher levels grant more experience.
Wintertodt is here! After a few weeks of development (with it being put on hold for some other fixes and quality-of-life) it's finally ready!
It was written to be 1:1 with the original with a few minor changes to rewards.
All rewards are the same as on OSRS with a few changes:
All quantities are buffed by 40-50%
- Pure essence has been increased even more
- Higher tier items i.e. dragonstones and anglerfish have also been added
- The base roll-amount is 3 (for 500 points) rather than 2
- Emerald+ users get an extra roll
Dragonstone+ users get another extra roll
- These both also apply to trading in unique items to Ignisia
- Herblore secondaries have been added too, they are rarer than most other tables
- If you hit the 'OTHER_SEEDS' table you have a 1/20 chance of receiving 1-2 spirit tree seeds
- If you receive a bruma torch but already have at least 3 of them you will receive 2 torstal seeds instead
- If you receive a pair of warm gloves but already own at least 3 pairs you will receive 2 magic seeds instead
- Dragon axe chance is 1/7500 rolls
- Phoenix pet chance is 1/3750 rolls
- Tome of fire chance is 1/750 rolls
- Bruma torch / warm gloves chances are 1/65 rolls
- Pyromancer outfit piece chances are 1/75 rolls
You can get there by using a Games necklace or using the fairy ring code CIS and running north.
As construction is not yet released, fixing braziers will not grant construction experience.
Here's some random Wintertodt media to get you hyped up:Spoiler
Other Bug Fixes/Additions
- Spells now properly cancel actions
- Wine stock has been increased from 5 to 50 in Fortunato's Fine Wine
- Enchanted bolt special attacks have been rewritten to match osrs, including proc chances
- Can properly kill kraken boss assignment within instances
- Lithkren vault barriers no longer noclip the player
- Inverted santa hat is now tradable
- Can now sell items to Trader Stan's shop
- Monster aggressiveness has been fixed in the wilderness
- Monster reanimation spell fixes
- Chicken now equips in the shield slot
- Advanced spikey chain in the Slayer Tower now requires level 71 agility to climb
- Bank quantity selector no longer prompts for a new value when left clicking it
- Can directly empty the seed box into bank using the 'Empty' option
- Bunny ears no longer require ranged and defence levels
- Farming shops now sell the correct filled plant pots
- Coloured versions of slayer helmets now work for lizardman shamans
- Mysterious emblems are no longer placed in looting bags when picking them up
- Added extra cyclopses on the warrior's guild top floor
- Forum moderators now have a yell tag again
- 99 combat skill notifications now only show for x5 and x10 gamemodes
- Planting saplings now requires a spade instead of a seed dibber
- String jewellery spell now gives crafting exp as well instead of double magic
- Burying bones on Lava Dragon Isle now gives four times experience
- Rune pouch can no longer be alchemised
- Poison spiders now count as valid spiders
- Added combat script to nuclear smoke devil
- Using scales on antidote++ will now give appropriate experience, scaling with number of doses
A lectern has been added at home to let players craft teleport tablets!
It has replaced the old decorative lectern in front of the prayer altar at home.
The Arceuus lectern in the magic store in the Arceuus region has also been added.
You can use this lectern along with dark essence to create Arceuus teleport tablets.Spoiler
Motherlode mine golden nugget changes:
All golden nugget prices have been reduced by 2.5x.
This includes access to the upper level.
If you had previously purchased things using golden nuggets you will be refunded the difference.
However this does not include gem or coal bags as they could be bought from the vote store.
- All quantities are buffed by 40-50%
Update log 31/08/19 - Blast Furnace Aug. 31, 2019 by NoeleREAD ON FORUMS
The Blast Furnace is a minigame situated in Keldagrim for smelting bars which require coal. The furnace here only requires half as much coal when smelting, so it's beneficial for higher-tier bars like mithril, adamantite, and runite, which are a pain to smelt on most private servers. We've matched OSRS features on the minigame, aside from the non-dwarf functionality (pedals, pump, and coke stove temperature control). The ore and bar storage is up to par with how it works on OSRS; tin and coal both have 254 as their maximum amount of ores as they are "secondary" ores. You can use tricks like the water bucket and ice gloves to cool down the bar dispenser faster. We even added support for delayed xp drops, as on OSRS, the bar dispenser does not start making bars again until you end the previous dialogue; we've matched this behavior and it allows you to use OSRS tricks like ice gloves -> goldsmith gauntlets to finish your cooling quickly and get bonus gold smelting xp.
A few customization's we've made to the minigame are:
- On OSRS Blast Furnace worlds, the dwarves run the furnace instead of players, and you pay via the coffer, this is by far the most preferred method for the majority of players, and since both cannot be supported on the same world, we opted to support the dwarf-run system.
- We've modified Ice gloves and made them degradable, you can buy them from the vote shop for 15 points each, and they will last for 150 "early cools" from Blast Furnace.
Custom functionality, and September vote incentive
- We've also added a new custom item with slightly modified color, called Enhanced Ice Gloves, which are non-degradable, as well as tradeable. These will be on the vote store for 60 points for a limited time (the month of September); afterwards there will be a way that is considerably harder/grindier than 60 vote points to acquire the enhanced ice gloves. This is to both boost player economy with a relevant skilling item and offer players something meaningful and potentially worthwhile to vote for during September. Don't worry - we will still be adding other items to our monthly vote store rotation with the other upcoming updates.
Some important details/how to use about blast furnace include:
- Ice gloves or Bucket of water (optional), used at the bar dispenser to cool the heated bars as they come out. If you do not have either, you must wait for the bars to cool before taking them out.
- Coins to be able to use the blast furnace
- And obviously the designated ore to put into the furnace
- Fixed Paladin coin pouch amount
- Fixed Malediction Ward upgrading/reverting (can now upgrade and revert properly)
- Fixed misc spelling mistakes
- Ring of Wealth's can now be imbued with a "Ring of Wealth" scroll from the Bounty Hunter store and 50k GP
- Disabled Abyssal Sire Boss task
- Moderators can now view who's on Mobile
- Kalphite Queen killcount is now tracked and announced after kills
- Attacking Kraken without tentacles now cancels combat and gives miniscule experience drops
Going forward, we are striving to communicate more efficiently as a team to you guys, the players. It's hard to convey the reasons for delays as well as delays in general and the team has been working on a variety of projects the last month. The good news is, that all of these updates are coming to an end, and we can look forward to Blast Furnace, Wintertodt, Grotesque Gargoyles, and Chambers of Xeric in the coming weeks. We will do our best to remain transparent in letting you know what our development schedule looks like, as well as more accurate timeframes for when updates can be expected. Feel free to get involved by applying to become a QA tester here
Update log 17/08/19 - QOL and bug fixes + upcoming updates Aug. 17, 2019 by CoreyREAD ON FORUMS
With large content like the Chambers of Xeric, Wintertodt and Grotesque Guardians just round the corner, we've done some small bug fixes and much needed QOL updates to keep you guys updated.
- Uncut gems can no longer be used on each other to be added to a gem bag
- House teleports are now completely disabled while construction is unreleased
Lunar group teleports now require the correct magic level and runes to cast at all
- The caster now also no longer receives the teleport prompt interface
- Smelting bars (including superheating) now takes coal from coal bags if there is none left in your inventory
Coin pouches will now be received from pickpocketing instead of coins
- You can hold up to 28 coin pouches before they must be opened
- Coin pouches cannot be banked or traded
- Pouches turn into coins on death
- A move-home command has been added for moderators to move stuck players back home
Desert Amulet 4 now correctly protects you from the desert heat
- The Desert Amulet teleport now teleports you to the Kalphite Cave, rather than the Kalphite Lair
- You can now kill a single Thermonuclear Smoke Devil off-task in order to complete the diary
- Sandpits in Zanaris, Entrana, Rellekka and Dorgesh-Kaan now work
Buying graceful now adds it to your collection log
- Any untradables which are not already in your collection log will now be added on log-in
- Proselyte skirt counts as legs when wearing the full set for the Falador Diary
- Fire max capes can now be used to enter the deeper regions of Mor Ul Rek
- Slayer partner fixes
- Pineapple trees now require watermelons instead of tomato seeds for protection
Stackable items no longer glitch out when cleaning them with a cleaning cloth
- Cleaning clothes are no longer used up when cleaning weapons
- You must be using melee when finishing off a demon with the Silverlight to count towards a demon kill
- Ardougne Max Cape now acts like an Ardougne Cloak 4
Vote shop changes
- Coal bag has been added
- Guthix Dragonhide Boots have been added
- Guthix Blessing has been added
- Dwarven helmet has been added (you cannot claim this back if you lose it)
- Useless cosmetics have been removed
- Some useful items have had their prices increased
Status of upcoming updates:
Chambers of Xeric:
Raids are @Kris' project.
Raids are currently in heavy testing by the QA Team, and larger group raids consisting of multiple experienced raiders are planned very soon. All rooms have been written and they just need a few tweaks to make them 100% accurate to OSRS.
Wintertodt is my project.
I haven't been working on Wintertodt for a few days as I've been busy irl and with other development duties. I'd say Wintertodt is about 85% of the way there, with the biggest thing left being the rewards. We need to decide what exactly the rewards will be (sticking closely to OSRS'), and after that just fine tuning to get it true to Old School. I have around 700 Wintertodt kills on OSRS myself so I've been able to test it well and know how things are supposed to function.
Grotesque Guardians are @Tommeh's project.
Dusk and Dawn are the closest to completion of the three main projects, and they are just on the horizon. They have been going through QA recently and just need some minor adjustments.
Grand Exchange/market changes:
There are a couple of Grand Exchange changes coming shortly which we've all been working on.
The first being automatic updating of prices based on successful transactions. These will update periodically and allow for up to a 5% change per day. As prices update, the prices on RuneLite will be updated too (including examining items). When this update comes out all existing prices will be updated to be much more accurate rather than using OSRS prices.
The second change is being able to see recent trades (not GE trades) online. It's still being developed, and will include a search bar and automatic updating; here's a preview:
The final change is being able to see current item offers, which I'm sure you've all been wanting. Without needing to say much more than this, I'll just leave you with a gif of the current proposed interface; note, still WIP.
Thanks, the Zenyte staff team
Update log 20/07/2019 - Zenyte Mobile, birdhouses and more! Jul. 19, 2019 by TommehREAD ON FORUMS
The long-awaited update is finally here! This time we bring you Zenyte Mobile, bird houses and a bunch of fixes.
Yes you heard that right, Zenyte Mobile. You will now be able to play Zenyte on your phone as well! Only Android phones are supported for now, as iOS requires a jailbroken device to play and to develop on, plus doing an iOS client is much more difficult in general. To play Zenyte on Android device, simply go to https://zenyte.com/play and download the .apk file!
Birdhouses have been fully implemented. There are 4 birdhouse spaces around Fossil Island where you can setup your birdhouses. The timers are the same as OSRS (~50 minutes) but are lowered cumulatively starting as an Emerald Member. You will be able to find the exact timers on the donator benefits thread. Mycelium teleportation has also been implemented with this update. All the teleports are unlocked by default to easily travel through Fossil Island and the birdhouse spaces. To make birdhouses you will need clockworks. You can buy these from the Skilling shop at home.
Bugfixes and small content additions
- To compliment birdhouses, extra seeds have been added to birdnests; these include redwoods, teak, mahogany and dragonfruit
- Added the requested custom pet for the discord contest winners (top 3).
- Added the custom pet for Zenyte Members.
- Added clockworks to the Skilling shop.
- Game noticeboard timers are no longer paused when you hide orbs.
- Daily challenges now show the right experience amount.
- Custom pets (from the store, discord contest or the zenyte member one) are no longer lost on death.
- Fixed the head appearance for the lederhosen hat.
- Morytania legs now give you the slayer xp boost whilst doing your slayer assignment in the Slayer Tower.
- Fixed the smelt 75 runite bars daily challenge. It will now progress properly.
- Random events will no longer occur for staff members.
- You can now turn your Zamorakian hasta back into a spear by using the hasta on Otto Godblessed.
- The auto-compost donator benefits now applies regular, super or ultra compost depending on the tier.
- The world switcher is here; available on both mobile and desktop this will allow you to switch to other worlds if they're available, as well as show the player count and activity of each world
- Boost potion share spell no longer removes more potions than necessary.
- Potential fix for npcs freezing out of the blue and becoming unkillable implemented.
- Fixed an issue with mithril dragon drops, where the drop would occasionally not appear.
- Dwarf multicannon restrictions applied to Zulrah's lair as well as Vorkath's island.
- Aviansies task now works for Kree'arra as well as its minions.
- Scorpia's attack range increased.
- Zulrah should no longer send an additional attack out to the player when they die.
- Players are no longer "cleared" so soon after logout - this caused a wide variety of problems, most of which weren't exactly visible but definitely were important.
- Rewrote area detection code to hopefully patch an issue where the player wouldn't be registered in the area they were within.
- Another patch for hunter, hopefully fixes the issues with player being unable to set up any traps. I've also added a fail-safe if this still persists after the update.
- Third-age druidic equipment can now be worn.
- Dragon knives have been given the level 60 Ranged requirement.
- Vet'ion can now be slain for the "Skeletons" assignment.
- Fixed the two ladders on Neitiznot islands which allowed players to noclip.
- Added some more vote rewards - more will come in the near future.
Mobile world switcher:
Desktop world switcher: